9.3.09

choices, choices

This summer, I want to do something. It might be my last summer to do something fun and crazy, since next summer I should probably start doing internships or something actually relevant to the rest of my life (weird, right?). So, I have two main choices:
1- I applied to the Wales study abroad. I was accepted as an alternate, which means I still have a pretty good chance of going, it will just be shorter notice (aka, will cost more for things like plane ticket). If I go, I will lose my job at Macey's, and will only get back about 2-3 days before school starts. I will be able to go early, or stay late and visit family over there. Length: 7-8 weeks. Cost: over $4,000
2- Ironically enough, during the same time I'd be in Wales, my granddad is coming over to the states with his girlfriend. They, along with my mother, will be going to various sites in California, Arizona and Texas including: my siblings, my second cousins, Disneyland, Houver Dam, and the Grand Canyon. If I go, it will be for a shorter time (therefore I have a greater chance of getting my job back when I return). Also: I would have enough time/money to visit a friend in New York, and we'd be driving through Tuscan, where an old roommate lives (who no longer goes to BYU). Length: 3-4 weeks. Cost: less than $1,000
Either one would be great. I love the thought of going to Wales, even if I don't have enough money to pay tuition when I come back. But, on the other hand, I want to spend time with my Granddad, since this may be my last chance (ever) to spend some great time with him, and my mom.
Which one?

3 comments:

  1. If you go to Wales, will you have enough money for Fall/Winter tuition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam - Right now it looks like if I go to Wales, I'll have to take out a loan (most likely from my parents) to afford tuition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Wales!!! WOOT WOOT

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!