13.10.10

Electronics + water = dead electronics

So, sorry. I can't post about my haircut. You see, my iPad has become my laptop. But blogger likes flash. And apple doesn't like flash. So while I'm on my iPad I can't upload pictures to blogger. And what's a post on a haircut without pictures?

So instead I'll tell you of my two loves, and how I keep forgetting how much they don't mix. These loves are, of course, electronics and water.

I've always loved water, ever since I was tiny. I never wanted to leave the swimming pool. I loved baths (actually, both of those are still true). So, my first love was water. But then I got older and discovered electronics. And they were amazing. I bought my first iPod in high school. On my own, with only the help of a $30 birthday check. And that's when I discovered the horror: electronics don't like water.

I was lucky with my first iPod. It was a first generation shuffle (remember those?). So I really couldn't use it in the tub or anything. My second iPod wasn't so lucky. I dropped it in the toilet. It still worked, but it always thought it was charging, so it was always on. My third iPod I was more careful with. It still works! My fourth was an iPod touch, my baby. I took great care of it, at first. But then I got careless. And it ended up in the tub. It still turns on and is ok, but it won't do wifi anymore. Sad day!

Oh, and somewhere in there I got a MacBook and after a few years I spilled a cup of water on it and now it's dead too.

So, now I have an iPad. I've had it a little over two months. I've been so careful with it. But I know one day, I'll want it with me by the tub. So I started looking for a way to waterproof it, temporarily, so I could play with it around water.

I asked Twitter and @jaycarr recommended a ziplock bag. He said the touch screen still worked through the bag. So I tried it. And it worked!

(There is a picture. Here. http://twitpic.com/2xfjjv)

Now I just need to remember my bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!