27.10.08

Guess What!

No, I don't have a date, my brother hasn't killed me, and my homework's not even done! But, I do feel excited for some reason. Who knows, maybe it's a good sign. I slept in this morning. It was bad. I had four minutes from the time I woke up to the time my ride picked me up. Not a good start. I didn't get to shower, and I forgot my wallet at home. At least I had some gum in my backpack! The funny thing is, the day went along just fine anyway. I wasn't terribly grouchy, I got things done, and everything worked out. You'd think that I'd have an awful day, after that start. But I didn't. I guess you'd call this the "power of positive thinking". I call it a miracle. The thing is, I'm not one of those people who wake up every morning determined to be happy no matter what. I'm swayed by my circumstances (I know, it's bad. I'm working on it). So today, when I got in my rides car, I was frazzled. I had hurried, I didn't get breakfast, a shower, or even time to myself. But, in the car, we're listening to a book. "The Alchemist" By Paulo Coelho. It's quite an interesting story, about a boy who sells everything to follow his dream. We're only partway through, but I find it fascinating. The thing is, it got me away from thinking about my troubles, and I started thinking "What is my dream?" Of course the trouble with that is I have no idea. I drift from one idea to another. I look here and there. Maybe I should take a break from life and travel. Then again, I know that's a bad idea. You can't run from life. It just follows you around, until you turn and face it. I guess this is the part where I talk about prayer, and faith, and trusting in the Lord. I'm working on it. I don't know why trusting is so hard. In my mind, it seems so easy - trust Him, then you don't have to worry about it, just follow Him. In reality, it's exponentially harder. Maybe I like punishing myself with the worry? Who knows. I just keep trudging along. Hopefully one day it will all click and I'll be able to be happy on my own, find my dream and trust in the Lord. PS. If you want to offer me a date, I probably won't say no ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!