23.10.08

nanowrimo

I'm taking a step. for the better or the worse, I've signed up for NaNoWriMo. What is NaNoWriMo? I'll explain what I know of it. Better yet, I'll let the website speak for itself (boring, I know):
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.
While I was growing up, I always wanted to be an author when I grew up. It was a fact of life. I loved to read, so why couldn't I write? Well, that's when I met up with High School English and got scared to death. I don't get grammar. Pronouns? Adjectives? Who cares? I know little of plot, and antagonist vs protagonist, but that's about it. But, even though my dream is hidden, it's still there. Thanks to my friend bob for introducing me to NaNoWriMe. She did it last year, and has been promoting it all around. I looked at the website, and thought "Nah, I can't do that! This year is too busy, maybe next year." But, characters started appearing in my head. And they won't go away. There are ideas there, waiting to be written. I can't promise that I'll post any of it here, I can't promise I'll even finish. But I'm going to try. No matter what happens this November, I want to try to write a novel. Who knows, I might even make it.

1 comment:

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!