2.10.08

majors

As this blog title (well, web address) states, I am going into Accounting. Or, so I thought. You see, today I had an accounting test. And the thought hit me: "Do I really want to do this for the rest of my life?" Of course, tests are NOT life. But, I got low enough on this test that I'm starting to wonder - "Is there a different major out there for me?" The problem with this line of questioning is that I've already been through this. Last year I applied to the photography major, was rejected, and had to find an alternative. I did some thinking and praying, and decided on accounting. And although I enjoy the classes and most of the content, I wonder if I'm really good at it. Or if I care enough about it. So, here's hoping General Conference pours some good inspiration my way! Thoughts? Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Switch to Computer Science and to the Animation Emphasis. If you've got a talent for analytical problems like accounting and an interest in visual things like photography, this might be a great combo for you.

    Seriously. You should think about it.

    I teach in CS at BYU. Drop me an email or phone call or come by my office. I can help you get the details to make a good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you don't need to apply to get into CS.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!