10.1.09

An afternoon out

So, I didn't work today. Yay! Not working is usually fun, at least until pay day comes along. Then you wonder why your paycheck is tiny. But, that's besides the point. Seanna, my friend and coworker, also had the day off. So, the only reasonable thing to do was spend the afternoon together. What an afternoon! First, she picked me up, and took me back to her apartment. She lives with her mom and sister, and two cats. The cats are pretty awesome. I scared one of them to death I think, getting this photo:
hee hee hee!
So, he ran away, and I got this picture:
run and hide
Then, we spent an hour upstairs. She introduced me to ask a ninja: And I introduced her to XKCD, Dino Comics, and Questionable Content. Awesomeness. Then we went to Macey's, because Seanna volunteered to paint the face of the clown (yes, some days there is a clown walking around Macey's. we also have a moose). Apparently she worked at Disneyland sometime ago, and learned how. She's really good at it, too. Here are some pictures:
Candid!
beginning to paint the face of the clown
When she was done painting her face, she did me. Here's my beautiful face:
It was cool, because she put sparkles on it and everything. When we were done there, we decided to go to the mall, because I needed a new pair of sunglasses, and we wanted to have fun. I knew that I wouldn't really buy the sunglasses at the mall, but we wanted to look around anyway. On the way, we were behind this: In case you can't really see it, here's a close up:
can you tell what they're doing?
We first walked around Radio Shack. Yes, I know they have no sunglasses. So what? We had fun looking at the phones and cameras. Then we wandered over to Claire's, where we looked at hats. I was going to take a picture of Seanna in this awesome green hat, but a clerk came over and said I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the merchandise. Meh. I found a brown hat I really liked, but I hadn't really been planing on buying it. Still, I thought about it. Then we went to Icing, which is like Claire's (actually owned by the same company), but aimed at a different age group. I found no sunglasses I liked, and no hats I liked. Sadness. So, we went back to Claire's, where I looked at the hat a bit more, tried it on, thought about it, and ended up buying it. Yay! Then we were practical, and went to Wal-Mart. Seanna needed a long sleeved shirt, and I still needed my sunglasses. I ended up also finding a scarf, so the end result looked something like this:
go me!
Then, I went home, so I could go to Stake Conference (the Saturday night session). What an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!