8.8.08

How to get paid for sleeping

So yesterday was very fun. I went to work at 11 am. And work went well for a few hours. About 1 pm I went to take some burritos out of a fryer. When I went to put the basket back above the fryer, I somehow put my skin against the basket. And it hurt. Here are pictures: Here's the first picture I took. It is covered in Burn Free, stuff we have at the first aid kit in the Deli. It does not look pleasent, right? This is maybe half an hour later. Yes, my burn did absorb all that stuff. And more. After a few hours, I was walking around the store looking for chicken to fry (don't ask) when Yvonne (the head of HR) saw my burn and said that I should have a doctor look at it. I made some sort of nod of agreement, and went back to the deli with my chichen. She then called me over the intercom and told me to go right then and have it looked at. So, I went. And I was told not to sign out. I drove down the street to a place called Work Care. Filled out some paperwork, did a drug test, and was sent to a waiting room to wait for the doctor. And I was told that I could lie down if I wanted. So there I was, tired, so I laid down and closed my eyes. And yes, I was paid for taking a cat nap. The doctor finally came in, looked at my burn, and said it was mainly a first degree with part of a second degree burn in there. He gave me some stuff to keep in wrapped while I'm at work, but otherwise I should keep it uncovered (except in the sun, otherwise the scar will be more prominent). He also said that this was one of the coolest looking burns he had ever seen. A picture of my wrap that I dispise. My burn later that day. My burn about 8 pm tonight.

1 comment:

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!