28.8.08

life is hard

Tonight, I also didn't have to work. So, I went to a baby shower. It was quite nice. The usual gifts were given, friends chatted, and food was enjoyed. Near the end, a friend of my mom showed up. Now, my mom was unable to make it due to plans with my sister-in-law (who just happened to be in town) so I had gone by myself. But, this friend had known me, and she sat down to talk. Now, it is still weird to me, to have a 'grown up' sit down and talk to me like I am a 'grown up'. But she did. She had moved out of the ward about three years ago, and we talked about things that had happened, to her and to me. She had gone through a divorce. Her husband had left her while her eldest son was on a mission. She had been diagnosed with two types of cancers, just to find out a month later that there was no sign of them (this was after the whole ward had gone to the temple on her behalf). She had surgery two weeks ago. As for me, my mom is taking care of my grandpa 24/7, is worrying about my nephew who has cancer, and is trying to spend as much time over in England as possible, to be with her dad. As we talked, I was trying hard not to go into shock, both with her experiences, but with mine, and how we're all going through so much. I wrote earlier about how life is complicated. Well, I have a feeling it's just going to get more complicated as life goes on. But, I know that the Lord is there. He is always there for us. And he will not put us through more than we can handle. Even though we are going through hard times, it won't always be that way. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but we don't need to wait that long. There can be light around us now, if we just look. I see my mom going through the trials, but she is still happy. She goes out of her way to help people. She is happy, and kind, and thoughtful. I love her. She knows the Lord, and I hope to be the same. I have a feeling that my life will be hard. Very hard. But, I know that with the Lords help, we can make it through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!