15.8.08

my day (warning: this is long)

so i've decided to be like bismark and not capitalize anything today. hee hee. and i've decided to tell you all about my amazingly awesome and horrifyingly horrible day. and yes, they both happened today. it started out well enough. six hours of sleep. a try for breakfast, then babysitting three boys for some neighbors. the boys were eight and eleven, so it wasn't that hard, and near the end, it was very fun. tomorrow i'll post pictures and maybe a movie of this event. for now, i will just say that i enjoyed myself, and actually earned $25. for watching these guys for maybe three hours. i will be going to best buy tomorrow. and spending all of it. the next part is pretty good, too. my new phone, while awesome, is having problems. when in camera mode, it shows four dots (kinda) on the screen that won't go away, and are on pictures after they are taken. and the outercase that surrounds my sceen is coming off. also, my phone has never vibrated. never. it's always annoyed me. well, today i did something about it. i called at&t. the first person i talked to was okay, but she heard that part of the outer case was coming off, asked her superviser about it, and said that it voided my warrenty, and they wouldn't help me with anything else. she then transfered me to someone else who could give me some cheap and or free options. i talked to this other person, who was also very nice, but was actually nicer. because she heard all my problems, entered in a few things, and the next thing i know she was confirming my address. at&t is sending me a new phone. i just have to send the old phone back, but i don't want it anyway, because it has problems. that i had nothing to do with!!! the last bit of my day was okay, but turned awful. first, i clocked in at work, and was doing well. i was really happy because of my phone dealio, and as a result was happy to everyone else. it was really nice. i was able to get monday off next week, and my family is having an outting-like thing up the canyon. it will be fun. then disaster struck. at about nine pm, i was making ice cream cones when a girl came up and said there had been an accident. someone had thrown up in the eatery (that's the place where all the tables are). so, i grabbed the mop and bucket, a couple rags and put on my gloves. after all, how bad could it be. very bad, as i found out. they had covered the whole thing with napkins, which was nice. i bent down to pick up the pile, and about lost my dinner. litterally. i was finally able to clean it all up, making sure it was very clean. but by then it was too late. my stomache was a tumbling, and there was nothing to calm it down. i got some fresh air, but that didn't help. i decided just to keep working, hoping to feel better. i got worse. but the hardest part was that no one seemed to understand how awful i felt. sure, they all said they understood, but if they understood, why were they leaving me extra work? why weren't they helping me out? grr! then, when i was already frusterated, friends of one of my coworkers (h) showed up. they ordered ice cream, and h helped them out. then they went into the eatery. h volenteered to clean the eatery. then she talked to them while she cleaned. 20 minutes later she was done. but continued talking to them. they showed up at 10, and stayed near the deli until about 11. and they talked to her for most of the time. the worst part though, was when i was mopping. everyone else was leaving, and since h was my ride home, she stayed. but, all she did for 10 minutes was stand there and talk. it got so bad that i actually said "if you're just going to stand there and talk, you might as well clock out". but, she didn't, of course. she just continued talking for another 5 minutes. when she finally came in to grab her stuff, i was so mad i could barely talk. when i get mad, i don't like to talk, because i'm afraid i'll just explode and yell and scream and say things that i don't mean. this was one of the times. h, when you read this, i'm sorry i gave you the silent treatment. but i didn't want to yell at you. you are my friend, but this is something that ticks me off. don't be paid just to stand around and talk to you friends. please. now i feel a little better. i'm sorry this was long, but my day was actually eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel so inclined, leave a thought. It doesn't even have to make sense!